Friday, July 11, 2014

Boost - July 11



Forget Crystal Meth, this is mainlining adrenalin. "Oh wow man, what a rush". Who can name that quote? :)
Non gear heads can tune out now ;)
Borrowed my friend Michael's 911 turbo today to drive around a bit.
The relentless acceleration has to be felt be believed. It just doesn't stop. I did at 170mph, but I know the car has almost another 30 mph in it. Not today. The section of autobahn where I got to play is pretty curvy and taking sweepers at 135 takes some getting used to, even though the car has semi slicks and I know my friend Michael takes them flat out. The addiction happens fast. I was planning to just visit Bamberg and Coburg, but found myself blowing past exits to get more playtime.




You can just leave the car in 6th and it'll go. Boost comes on at 3500 and then really kicks at 4500. A couple of times I got a clean launch off an entrance ramp and kept it on the boil in every gear. Yow.
I think it makes about 520 hp on over boost, so my piddly 345 will seem pretty lame when I get home. Still, the car gathers speed so silly fast that I really wouldn't want it in the land of ludicrous speed limits. Hard enough to stay reasonable with mine.
Anyway, that was fun. As the Porsche slogan used to say "Kills bugs fast"

No comments:

Post a Comment