Sunday, July 13, 2014

Gooooooooooal - July 13

Well now, that was fun! 16 years ago, I was on the Copacabana and watched Brazil loose to France in the World Cup final. Bummer. Tonight made up for that big time. I was at a public viewing in a large beer hall type place with about 1500 people. The atmosphere was great and it was a great nail biter of a match with obviously a positive outcome. The place went wild. People dancing on the tables, waving flags, general mayhem. Very amusing. For the past hour or so, people have been driving through town, honking and going nuts. Germany is in World Cup fever. The fourth championship, one behind Brazil.





The World Cup has been an unexpectedly fun companion throughout the bulk of my travels. I watched matches at home with my family, in Irish pubs in Finland with Chris and Lonnie, in Glenn's garage in Berlin, in Riva del Garda with Tom, in some random cafe in Sondalo, and now in Lichtenfels, in the Stadthalle with Michael, Claudia and 1500 other fans. It comes to an end as my travels do. Timing is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment