Saturday, May 3, 2014

Arrived in Germany

Made it here without problems. Smooth flight, no bumps, no delays. That's how I like it. No, I still didn't "enjoy" the flight. Why do they keep asking that? The subway driver doesn't...
My parents surprised me by being at the airport to say hello before heading off to Italy. My brother-in-law picked me up - and then later that night knocked me out with a Weizenbock.

Coordinates for my parents' place: N 48.717917, E 8.888323 

Germany is GREEN. I was blown away by how much further along spring was than at home. They didn't have much of a winter here and spring took hold nice and early.

Today I picked up the bike I'll be riding for the next 3 weeks - 2004 BMW R1200GS. 40000km on the clock - That's barely broken in for a BMW. Sweet bike, not a speed demon. The boxer vibes get a bit much over 100mph. That's ok, I'll try to avoid highways anyhow. Great weather to pick up a bike - 45 deg and drizzling. Bleh. What happened to spring? Heated vest and hand grips are a good thing.


And yes, that's me in my battle gear.

Tomorrow it's time to have some fun and start getting used to the BMW. Planning a day ride through the black forest.


Schwarzwaldtour

1 comment:

  1. Noting as others have, how great your writing is Stef. Short, sweet, funny. Hope the Black Forest jaunt was jaunty. xxxViv

    ReplyDelete